Duration : 3 days
Date : 26 to 28 November 2013
Collaboration : To be finalised
Participants : 30 local participants
Coordinator : Supt. Tan Kwang Seng
Aim Of Course:
To promote better understanding and awareness on the threat of terrorism financing and how to conduct substantive
• Learn to look at all major crime, regardless of the substantive offence, as financial crimes.
• Learn how to include the financial aspect in all the major crime investigations they are involved in.
• Learn how to conduct a financial investigation by identifying the various typologies or methodologies and emerging
trends of substantive offences.
• Learn effective investigative techniques that are specific to financial investigations.
• Learn the different types of methodologies of crimes for profit according to applicable Acts and legislation, the
products and services available from financial institutions and intermediaries and their use in a financial investigation.
• Learn how to gather evidence, new investigational methods and techniques, and how to utilize the various sources
of information carefully and thoroughly.
• Learn about the assistance that is available from outside agencies that is often used in a crime for profit investigation.
• Crimes for profit.
• Money laundering and terrorist financing techniques.
• Apply the principles of Major Case Management (MCM).
• Use the appropriate investigative techniques to legally secure evidence to prosecute financial crimes.
• Conduct financial and criminal intelligence analysis to investigate a case.